September 2020 Trestle Board
I’m going to shoot straight with you for a moment: If you want this Lodge to survive and grow, I need you to fight for it.
Like pretty much everything else in our community, COVID has hurt this Lodge. Attendance at our last meeting was possibly the lowest I’ve seen. And I could fit the number of brethren showing up at practices in my truck.
I know this pandemic has turned everything in our lives upside down and sideways. And if you or someone close to you is in a high-risk health category, please stay home and ask me about other ways you can support the Lodge.
But if you’ve just worked yourself out of the habit of coming to meetings and practices, I’m asking you to push through the malaise and get back involved.
My #1 goal for this year was to get this Lodge active in the community. While that’s been put on hold for a while, it’s still my goal for next year. But to really make a difference will take more than a handful of active brethren. It will take all 80+ brothers working together and supporting each other as a fraternity.
I also have a few open positions coming up next year. Frankly, I don’t have a clue on who would be willing to fill them. So if you’re willing to take on some responsibilities for 2021, please let me know.
The Stated Communication is this Monday, August 9th at 7:30 PM. I invite you to come.
Here’s what’s going on at the Lodge:
Hopefully, we’ll make a decision on the HVAC system this month. I’m still waiting on the prices.
I still need help cutting down a few of the new pews to properly fit the space in the Lodge room. So if you’re decent with woodworking, please contact me.
We have dozens of old theater chairs in the fellowship room. The historic society will be taking some of them, but not all. So if you or your wife have an idea for a cool home project idea for a few of the chairs, ask me or another officer about them.
We have one active petition to vote on this month.
The District will be holding One-Day Ceremonies on October 3rd and 10th at Fredericksburg No. 4. I could use some help with either day. Please contact me if you’re willing to help.
- The 10/3 Ceremony will be the FC and MM degrees for initiated candidates who have been stuck in limbo.
- The 10/10 Ceremony will be all three degrees for petitioners. We have candidates going to both of these days.
Our next practice is next Monday, 8/21 at 7:00 PM. Whether you are an officer or just interested in a refresher, you’re invited to come.
As a reminder, here are some of the basic rules we must follow:
- No dinners or refreshments in the Lodge before or after meetings.
- Brethren must sit 6ft apart on the sidelines.
- There is to be no touching or standing in close proximity.
- Wearing a mask is encouraged, but optional.
- If you do not feel comfortable coming to the Lodge, please stay home — especially if you or a loved one is a high-risk candidate.
- If you have any symptoms – even if you think it’s allergies – please do not attend the meeting.
Finally, brethren, thank you for everything you’ve done for this Lodge in the past. Many of you have sacrificed time, money, and talent growing this Lodge. We need you again.
See you at Monday’s meeting!