December 2020 Trestle Board
I’ll keep this one short for once.
The Stated Communication is this Monday, December 14th at 7:30 PM. I invite you to come.
Due to COVID restrictions, we will not be having our annual oyster dinner.
We will be having our election and installation of officers, so it will be a busy night.
Under the new COVID guidelines released by the Grand Lodge, you must bring and wear a mask to the meeting.
Here’s what else is happening at the Lodge:
The new upstairs oil heater and downstairs air conditioning have been installed. There was a problem with the supply line to the new heater, which hopefully will be fixed long before our next meeting.
We still have dozens of old theater chairs in the fellowship room. As we open back up in the new year, those chairs need to find a new home or get thrown away. So they are up for grabs, but please let me know if you’re taking any.
Our next practice is next Monday, 12/07 at 7:00 PM. Whether you are an officer, a new member, or an existing member interested in helping out, you’re invited to come.
As a reminder, here are some of the basic rules we must follow for the meeting:
- No dinners or refreshments in the Lodge before or after meetings.
- Brethren must sit 6ft apart on the sidelines.
- There is to be no touching or standing in close proximity.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory.
- If you do not feel comfortable coming to the Lodge, please stay home — especially if you or a loved one is a high-risk candidate.
- If you have any symptoms – even if you think it’s allergies – please do not attend the meeting.
Finally, brethren, it has been an honor to serve in the East this year. I can’t say it’s been a pleasure, because frankly 2020 pretty much stunk. If it’s your will that I continue in the East for another year, it is my sincerest hope to reactivate and reenergize this Lodge in 2021. I’ll need your help to do that.
See you all in two weeks!