July 2020 Trestle Board
As previously announced, the Grand Master has approved the reopening of Lodges.
We will have a Stated Communication next Monday, July 13th at 7:30 PM.
*There will be no dinner served prior to the meeting.*
Here are some of the basic rules we must follow:
- No dinners or refreshments in the Lodge before or after meetings.
- Brethren must sit 6ft apart on the sidelines.
- There is to be no touching or standing in close proximity.
- Wearing a mask is encouraged, but optional.
- If you do not feel comfortable coming to the Lodge, please stay home — especially if you or a loved one is a high-risk candidate.
- If you have any symptoms – even if you think it’s allergies – please do not attend the meeting.
Degrees are on hold for the foreseeable future due to COVID. So the Grand Lodge will be performing One-Day Ceremonies on October 3rd and 10th to get candidates, EAs, and FCs out of limbo and into our membership. If you have anyone interested in membership, they need to get their petitions in before this Monday’s meeting. That lets us read it in July, vote in August, and submit the names by the September 1st deadline to the DDGM.
Since degree work is on hold, we’ll be cutting back on practices a bit. Our next practice will be Monday, 7/20 at 7:00 PM.
On HVAC news, I can attest that the air conditioning is working on the 2nd floor. We’ll be discussing options for heating at the meeting. I look forward to hearing your advice and opinions.
Finally, brethren, I’m going to be honest with you: It’s been nice not running around to meetings and practices. Breaking the habit of staying home on Monday nights will not be easy. I get it. But I can promise you the feeling of camaraderie and community you get from meeting together is worth the sacrifice. There’s no better time to get back and active with the Lodge.